Reward video ads are short videos placed within the gameplay or at the end of a level, in the form of an opportunity to improve the game. The reward for games would usually be in the way of an extra life to complete the level, some unlockables, and items such as free coins, new stories, power tools, and more – all of which is unlocked after watching a short video ad from the sponsors.
Benefits of Reward video Ads Monetization
- To the Game Player
- A right step towards tolerable and engaging advertisements, reward video ads has helped keep the user experience optimal.
- When the user is incentivized to watch an advertisement video in return for in-game unlockable content and other rewards, they are more likely to be engaged with the content.
- The unlockable content such as coins, extra lives, and limited-edition objects, often enhance the gameplay, giving the users an edge over others.
- When deployed using a suitable partner such as Applixir, the reward video ads tend to be appealing to users since they are designed to be an extension of the game itself.
- To the Cocos Developer
- Developers prefer reward video ads since they minimally impact the gameplay quality, while advertisers love them for the significantly higher engagement rate that they offer.
- Reward ad videos have been surveyed to provide some of the highest eCPMs (effective cost per mile), being more than two times higher than the other video advertising formats.
- These ads are shorter and opt-in, ensuring that the gaming experience is not altered, which is quintessential to game developers, creating a unique experience for the audience.